The day we closed we started preparing for this day and are excited to welcome you back!
We appreciate your patience during the closure and know that you will return when you are ready. Following is a detailed outline of what changes we have made and actions we have taken to comply with Worksafe BC, BC Health Officer, and Best Practices gathered from a variety of Climbing & Fitness professional associations. We are all in this together!
Ventilation and Physical Barriers
- Increased outside air flow intake in our air circulation system to a recommended 40%.
- Installation of higher grade HVAC filters (MERV 13) in our air circulation system, capable of killing or trapping biological contaminants.
- Separating our team and guests from the hazard with plastic barriers between staff and guests at our front desk check-in area.
- If a guest is sick, experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, has travelled and should be in self-isolation, or has recently been in contact with a high-risk individual they are not permitted in the gym.
- All guests should respect physical distancing guidelines and allow for appropriate space between other guests and staff.
- All guests should wash or sanitize their hands frequently – before, during, and after workouts.
- All guests should not touch their face while training or without first washing or sanitizing their hands.
- All guests should practice proper respiratory etiquette and not cough or sneeze without appropriately covering their nose and mouth.
- Face masks and other protective equipment may be used in a gym but is not mandatory.
- Our staff have the right to refuse service or ask guests who do not follow our desired hygiene protocols or display known symptoms to leave our facility, in fact we have the ability and option to take everyones external temperature upon entering the gym and asking them to leave if they have an elevated temperature.
- Several sanitizing and hand cleaning stations will be located in key areas of the gym.
- Everyone training at the Core will be required to have their own towel to be used as a personal protective barrier on the benches and seats. We also recommend having a second towel to be used as a sweat towel. We do have some towels for sale but will not have any for rent.
- Members will be encouraged to practice good gym hygiene, including: ● wiping down equipment before and after use, ● washing hands before, during, and after workouts, as needed, ● practicing social distancing in all areas of the gym, ● and using protective equipment as desired or required.
- In addition to our after-hours cleaning, our team will have a daily cleaning schedule and certain areas of the gym will be closed for brief periods during the day for disinfecting.
- The climbing rental shoes and harnesses will always be disinfected after use and then put out of circulation for at least a 24-hour period.
- Specific areas of the climbing walls will be identified as the blue zones and red zones. We will alternate on a daily basis which zone climbers will be allowed to use. This will allow for at least a 36 hour break after usage.
- To reduce the number of physical payments our team must process please make pre-payments or contactless payments for your membership whenever possible.
- Occupancy Limits - we will be limiting the number of people allowed in the gym and monitoring this with a new people counting sensor. You will be able to contact the gym anytime and find out how busy the gym is and how much room there is to train.
- One of the things that makes the Core unique is all our different activity zones. This is great because it allows our visitors plenty of opportunities to find their own work out space with lots of physical distancing, however to maintain the minimum physical distance you will have to be mindful of other guests and visa versa.
- Physical distancing cues.
- Fortunately the entrance to the Core is large with two sets of double doors. To maintain physical distancing, the doors on the left as you enter will be used for entering and the doors on the right will be the exit doors. These will be marked accordingly.
- Inside of the Core we will have physical distancing cues marked on the floor.
- Please yield to those in hallways, stairs or anywhere the 6-foot distancing rules is difficult to maintain.
- All guests should limit the number of partners that they train with to either household members or a select few friends or family in their social circle.
Have you completed our new registration/waiver form since we re-opened on May 25th? To reduce time at our front desk and reduce the amount of public surfaces you have to touch, please go to: