Following is a detailed outline of the health and safety practice actions we have taken to comply with Worksafe BC, BC Health Officer, and Best Practices gathered from a variety of Climbing & Fitness professional associations. We are all in this together!
Ventilation and Physical Barriers
- Increased outside air flow intake in our air circulation system to a recommended 40%.
- Installation of higher grade HVAC filters (MERV 13) in our air circulation system, capable of killing or trapping biological contaminants.
- Separating our team and guests from the hazard with plastic barriers between staff and guests at our front desk check-in area.
- If a guest is sick, experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, has travelled and should be in self-isolation, or has recently been in contact with a high-risk individual they are not permitted in the gym.
- All guests should respect physical distancing guidelines and allow for appropriate space between other guests and staff. We do have pinch points in the gym where we have posted yield signs, and distancing distancing cues.
- All guests should wash or sanitize their hands frequently – before, during, and after workouts.
- All guests should not touch their face while training or without first washing or sanitizing their hands.
- All guests should practice proper respiratory etiquette and not cough or sneeze without appropriately covering their nose and mouth.
- We recommend wearing a face mask in the Core, but at this time it is not mandatory.
- Our staff has the right to refuse service or ask guests who do not follow our desired hygiene protocols or display known symptoms to leave our facility, in fact we have the ability and option to take everyones external temperature upon entering the gym and asking them to leave if they have an elevated temperature.
- Several equipment sanitizing and hand sanitizing stations are located in key areas throughout the gym.
- Everyone training at the Core is required to have their own towel to be used as a personal protective barrier on the benches and seats. We also recommend having a second towel to be used as a sweat towel. We do have some towels for sale for $5, but will not have any for rent.
- Members are encouraged to practice good gym hygiene, including: ● wiping down equipment with supplies provided at the stations before and after use, ● washing hands before, during, and after workouts, as needed, ● practicing physical distancing in all areas of the gym, ● and using personal protective equipment as desired or required.
- In addition to our after-hours cleaning, our team has a daily cleaning schedule and certain areas of the gym may close for brief periods during the day for disinfecting.
- The climbing rental shoes and harnesses are disinfected after use and then put out of circulation for at least a 24-hour period.
- To reduce the number of physical payments our team must process please make pre-payments or contactless payments for your membership whenever possible.
Physical DistancingOccupancy Limits - we limit the number of people in the gym and monitoring this with a new Density people-counting sensor. You can contact us anytime and find out how busy the gym is and how much room there is to train.
- One of the things that makes the Core unique is our different activity zones. This is great because it allows our guests plenty of opportunities to find their own work out space with lots of physical distancing, however to maintain the minimum physical distance you will have to be mindful of other guests and visa versa. Each zone has a maximum occupancy posted at the entrance to that zone.
- Physical distancing cues.
- Fortunately the entrance to the Core is large with two sets of double doors. To maintain physical distancing, the doors on the left as you enter are used for entering and the doors on the right are the exit doors. These are marked accordingly.
- Inside of the Core we have physical distancing cues marked on the floor.
- At pinch points in the gym we have "Yield" cues marked on the floor.
- Please yield to those in hallways, stairs or anywhere the 6-foot distancing rules is difficult to maintain.
- All guests should limit the number of partners that they train with to either household members or a select few friends or family in their social circle.
Have you completed our new registration/waiver form since we re-opened on May 25th? If not, please go to: