Dear members and visitors,
We are sorry that our beautiful community and beyond is so deeply impacted by the Corona Virus. Of course, we are crossing our fingers that Whistler Blackcomb’s closure is temporary. This is an unprecedented and trying time for everyone. What we know for sure, is we want to do the best to keep everyone safe and healthy, which has always been our mission at the Whistler Core.
Presently, we are in full operation and taking the precautions required to minimize the impact of the spread of the illness. If future circumstances warrant our closure, all memberships will be frozen and reactivated when we reopen. The same goes for anyone required to self-quarantine. We are guided by our government and by the medical professionals as they are the leaders in this event. For more information about COVID-19, visit the BC Centre for Disease Control.
We are in our primary phase of this situation, and as a result, we are “educating,” “cleaning,” and “screening.”
We have taken extra measures to protect our team and keep you safe in response to the COVID-19 virus. We will continue to adapt our policies to the changing requirements and best practices to support our healthcare system.
General Facility Policies and COVID-19 requirements:
- High touch surfaces, including railings, door handles, training equipment, and washrooms, are cleaned throughout the day with cleaning solutions recommended by the health authority to kill COVID-19. Be aware that it is not practical to clean the climbing holds after every use, so it will be up to you to follow recommended procedures to avoid the spread of Covid-19, that is, touching your face prior to hand washing.
- Mandatory hand washing upon arrival with instructions on how, when, and why to wash their hands. Additional “IC-Gel I Antiseptic Skin Gel” hand sanitizing stations throughout the gym for convenient disinfecting hands between washes.
- Handshakes and fist bumps are off-limits until the season of viral infection is over.
- Staff with COVID-19 symptoms, or who have recently traveled abroad will stay home. (until cleared by the health authority)
- We reserve the right to send home anyone showing signs or symptoms of COVID-19, has been in contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 or those who have travelled abroad in the past 14 days
What you can do to help:
- Wash and disinfect your hands upon entering and leaving the gym.
- Use our hand washing guides posted in all washrooms.
- Avoid touching your face between hand washes.
- Mandatory to use a sweat towel during your workout. You can bring your own or rent a towel.
- Use our cleaning supplies to wipe down equipment and benches during and after use.
- Recommend using a weightlifting or cycling glove when you are using the equipment.
- Anyone under self- quarantine from travel or exposure should stay home until cleared by the health authority.
- Anyone with COVID-19 symptoms, including fever, cough or shortness of breath, should self-quarantine until cleared by the health authority
- Anyone required to self-quarantine can contact us to have their membership put on a medical freeze.
We will continue to communicate any changes as the situation in Whistler, and the lower mainland continues to evolve.
Owners and Management team of the Whistler Core Climbing and Fitness Gym.